Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wow. I have so much to say. This may take awhile... :)
First of all, SCHOOL HAS BEGUN!!!! Hooray!! As you can see from the picture below, everyone woke up early and was excited for this big milestone. Erin began 3rd grade this year and Zach began 2nd!! I can't believe how old they are getting. Wally will start Preschool in about a week and a half. He is very anxious to begin since the older two have already started.


So our fall sports have also begun. Zachie is playing football with his first game on Friday!! Erin and Wally are both playing soccer. Erin's first game is next Wednesday, but Wally has already played his first game and he was so excited for it. He kept reminding me that if someone on his team scored a goal, it was okay because it was like he scored a goal too since they were on the same team. I wondered if he was trying to convince me or himself.


He did a great job and ran hard, but all those little 4-year-old's were getting pretty tired by the end of the game. They just kind of stood there and kicked at the ball. Then one of them would fall on top of it and they would all stand there for a minute. A coach would help the kid up, and then they would all start to tumble. (It probably helped that a few little ones would shove their way through the throng of children gathered around the ball) I swear the last 5 minutes were spent just falling and getting up. Scott and I were laughing so hard. Afterwards, Wally told me that soccer games were really hard.



Ok, next on my list is Erin got glasses!! Towards the end of last school year, she began complaining that she couldn't see the board at school and things, and so we promised her that we would get her eyes checked out for the next school year. We were a little late, and she didn't quite have them for the first day of school, but we picked them up yesterday and she wore them to school today. It is funny how excited you are to first get glasses. It's the wearing them year after year after year that gets old... She is sooo incredibly cute in them though! She is such a beautiful girl. After school yesterday, she and I were just sitting and chatting about school and kids and her teacher. At one point we were both laughing so hard, tears were coming out of our eyes. I haven't laughed like that since I was a teenager. She is already becoming one of my best friends, and she's not even nine years old. I am so lucky to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment